When you arrive
- Each PurePod is located up to 1km from your secure car park.
- The walk to the PurePod introduces you to the local environment and reinforces the privacy and isolation you will experience.
- It is only after you make your reservation that you find out exactly how to get to the PurePod.
- Remember to keep those instructions with you – there are no signs.
- Checking in is a matter of locking your car (remember it is safe to leave your luggage in the car, so you only need to take a small overnight bag with you) and walking to the PurePod.
- Check in when you wish after 3pm – but arrive well before dusk as there is no artificial lighting on your walk in.
- We ask you to leave by midday on your departure date so we have time to make the PurePod perfect for the next guest.
- If you are staying for multiple days, you won’t be interrupted.
Please note, the PurePod experience is only suitable for non-smokers, as there are STRICT no smoking rules in place on the entire property (inside and outside) due to the potential fire risk in these pristine rural landscapes.
- Has solar electricity powering LED lighting, the fridge and the water system.
- The bed is the most comfortable we can find!
- Bio-fuel capable heaters are used to power the heating system and to top up the hot water when there isn’t a lot of solar power available. You’ll be very warm on even the coldest night.
- An excellent dinner & breakfast food package can be ready and waiting for you at the PurePod – select this option as you make your reservation
- A cooking hob and outdoor barbeque can be used for cooking – pots, a pan, plates, cutlery, cups and glasses are available
- Teas, coffee, milk, olive oil and sugar are available, along with a kettle, teapot and coffee plunger
- There are no power plugs but there is a USB charger for your devices if they need charging
- There is a bluetooth speaker, so you can bring your own music
- We apologise if you can get a phone signal – ignore it!
- The glass floor is toughened, laminated (10mm + 8mm) safety glass and all other glass is double- or triple-glazed
- A PurePod can get pretty hot in the summer so pull the ceiling shades and open the doors – create your own shady oasis – or take the luxury sun loungers into some nearby shade
- Quality linen is provided
- Each PurePod is equipped with either binoculars or a telescope, for bird-watching and star-gazing
- The PurePod is stocked with organic hand cleanser, body wash, shampoo & conditioner
- There is clean drinking water. You’ll need to bring any other drinks in with you – you can store them in the fridge
- Books and other reference material in the PurePod allow you to learn more about the location and its history
- Bring warm clothing in winter – especially if you want to soak up the evening stars
- Insect repellent and sunscreen are provided
- An emergency pack including fire extinguisher, first aid supplies and a torch is available at all times
- Emergency communications are available at the PurePod
- No TV, DVD, Wi-Fi, hair dryer, air conditioning (by design!)
What to bring
- Backpack or overnight bag with a few clothes – warm ones in winter
- Raincoat and good walking shoes
- Unless you have pre-booked a dinner & breakfast package (you can do this as you book), bring food and drink for your stay
- Your favourite drinks
- Lots of books or magazines
- Music – there is a bluetooth speaker in the Pod
- Camera – the PurePod is private but you’ll want to tell your friends
- Some PurePods have information about walking tracks on the property, you are free to follow those marked tracks.
- Guests who walk away from marked tracks or walk at night do so at their own risk; there may be hazards including steep hillsides, boulders and wetlands.
- PurePods with walking available are provisioned with a small backpack containing water bottle, first aid kit and an EPIRB (Personal Locator Beacon).
- Cross waterways only at a bridge or where marked. Waterways can rise quickly.
- Some natural hazards include Ongaonga (native stinging nettle), stinging nettle, bees and wasps. Anti-histamine cream and pills are provided in the first aid kit.
- There are no large or dangerous animals. There are lots of gorgeous birds. We trap for predators including possum, stoats and weasels, so that the PurePods are surrounded by a growing population of native birds.
- Please leave gates as you find them. Where possible, on walking tracks, we have provided a stile or a spring loaded gate to use to make it easier for you to pass through gate ways.